PS-3204 sensor measures the pH of a solution as discrete measurements or as a continuous reading. Use the probe to study water quality, test household solutions, or perform high-resolution acid-base titrations with ease.
What is pH, and why should you measure it?
pH (from Latin pondus Hydrogenii – the weight of hydrogen, also called pH or acidity index), is one of the most important quantities expressing the acid-base properties of a solution. The pH changes continuously from 0 to 14. The acidic properties appear at pH <5: the lower the pH, the stronger the acidic properties. By regulating the concentration of these ions, we can control chemical and biochemical processes. For example, in the food industry, this is a fermentation of cabbage, sour milk, the formation of yogurt, making wine or beer.
PS-3204 Special Features
- Simplicity: just pair and go, no cables and adapters to manage
- Durable, gel-filled electrode
- Features convenient Bluetooth wireless connectivity and the long-lasting coin cell battery
- Compatible with ion-selective electrodes (ISE), oxidation-reduction probe (ORP), and Flat pH probe.
- Logging mode pH data can be recorded directly onto the sensor and later downloaded. Ideal for long-term experiments.
- Dust, dirt and sand proof and water-resistant (1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Electrode (with solution storage bottle)
Additionally, you can order pH Storage Solution SC-3507. This is a 500 mL bottle of storage solution for all PASCO pH electrodes. All of the electrodes ship with a small bottle of a storage solution (usually 2-4 mL).
Supplement for PS-3204 sensor
- Nitrate Ion Selective Electrode (PS-3521) – allows you to measure the potential and determine the concentration of nitrate ions in an aqueous solution. Operation of these Ion Selective Electrodes assumes training in the safe handling of flammable, caustic, and corrosive chemicals and a working knowledge of serial dilution and calibration procedures.
Range 1-62000 mg/L, pH range 2,5-11, electrode slope 55±3 mV/decade.
- Chloride Ion Selective Electrode (PS-3519) – allows you to measure the potential and determine the concentration of chlorine ions in an aqueous solution. Operation of these Ion Selective Electrodes assumes training in the safe handling of flammable, caustic, and corrosive chemicals and a working knowledge of serial dilution and calibration procedures.
Range 1-35,000 mg L, pH range 2-12, electrode slope 56±3 mV/decade.
- Flat pH Probe (PS-3514) – Allows you to measure the pH of solids with low moisture content. Study pH levels in a variety of foods, examine the pH of common skin and hair care products, and easily collect pH data from soil analysis.