Measure currents of up to 1 A with built-in protection for the sensor against overload and transmit the collected data wirelessly to your computers, Chromebooks, tablets or smart phones.
The wide current range allows for introductory and advanced explorations of the fundamental concepts of electricity and basic circuits. Combine with the Wireless Voltage Sensor to explore Ohm’s Law, series & parallel circuits and much more.
Note: the Wireless Voltage Sensor can be used with standard leads or patch cables but does not include leads. The leads that come with the Wireless Voltage Sensor can be purchased separately. See the buying guide below for details.
Since current can only exist in a complete circuit, the WIreless Current Sensor must be part of that circuit in order to measure current. It is connected in series and has a very low resistance (0.1 Ω). For this reason we don’t don’t recommend connecting it directly across a battery or other voltage source without a resistive load.
- Simplicity: just pair and go, no cables and adapters to manage
- Variable sampling rate for capturing small fast changes or experiments that run for hours, days, or weeks.
- High speed sampling available via USB connection in “burst mode”
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery.
- Logging mode – Log current data directly onto the sensor for long-term experiments.
Note: Unlike the WIreless Voltage Sensor, the Wireless Current Sensor does NOT ship with test leads.
- Current sensor
- USB Cable (for recharging and optional direct connection)
|Max Sampling Rate|
|Max wireless range|