Light, Color, and Optics Kit is a complete laboratory for learning about light, color, and optical technology. Three 50 mm optics mounts slide easily and then lock down with thumbscrews. The light source makes a perfect illuminated “object” for optics experiments, and the fixed spacing of the colored LEDs makes it easy to observe and measure image properties such as magnification, inversion, and brightness.
A key component of Light, Color, and Optics Kit, this rechargeable light source EP-3560. It has four colored LEDs at the edges and a powerful RGB LED in the center. It also connects directly to your devices and streams data via Bluetooth 4.0. The light source makes a perfect illuminated “object” for optics experiments, and the fixed spacing of the colored LEDs makes it easy to observe and measure image properties such as magnification, inversion, and brightness. Control the intensity of the LEDs wirelessly using PASCO software (SPARKvue Software or PASCO Capstone). The rechargeable light source lasts all day and you never need batteries! The four colored LEDs (R/Y/G/B) on a 10 mm spacing make it easy to make precise magnification measurements and see image inversion.
The bright central LED is actually 3-in-1 and includes separately controlled red, green and blue (RGB) sources. This allows you to teach the technology of color with powerful lessons that apply to many technologies such as LCD screens, digital cameras, video, and fiber optic communications.
- Studying image formation using lenses
- Investigating color mixing
- Exploring how color is produced digitally
- Modeling how the human eye uses cone cells to perceives color
- Demonstrating fiber optic communication
- 1.2 m Aluminum Dynamics Track (ME-9493)
- 50 mm optics mounts (3)
- Wireless Light Source (EP-3560)
- AC adapter/charger
- Refraction tank
- Triangular prism
- Phosphorescent plastic
- 50 mm convex lens – 10 cm f.l.
- 50 mm convex lens – 20 cm f.l.
- 50 mm convex lens – 50 cm f.l.
- 50 mm concave lens – 20 cm f.l.
- 50 mm convex mirror – 20 cm f.l.
- 50 mm concave mirror – 25 cm f.l.
- 50 mm screen
- 50 mm diffraction grating
- Round Mirror
- Diffraction grating
- Clear Screen
- Gratnells storage tray