Make accurate and consistent measurements of gas pressure, regardless of ambient conditions, and explore how chemical reactions affect gas pressure. In combination with a temperature probe, study the Empirical Gas Laws. Can also be used in applications that previously required our Low Pressure/Barometer sensor.
The Teaching Advantage
Measures pressure relative to an internal sealed reference vacuum, which allows the collection of reliable data even when the pressure within a system drops below ambient pressure.
Supports common units (kPa, atm, psi, mmHg, or N/m2) for many applications
- Measure transpiration rates
- Measure osmosis and pressure changes inside a model cell
- Measure rates of enzyme catalyzed reactions
- Conduct weather experiments
- Measure changes in elevation
- Measure chemical reaction rates
- Measure respiration rates
- Conduct air foil studies
- Model a human lung.
- Study Vapor Pressure vs Temperature
- Add a temp sensor to investigate Gas Laws (Ideal, Charles’, Boyle’s)
- Bluetooth® and USB connectivity with a long-lasting rechargeable battery
- Logs pressure data directly onto the sensor for long-term experiments for activities that couldn’t be performed using sensors previously.
- No interface required! Connects directly to your devices via Bluetooth® Smart.
- Includes a syringe, tubing and the connectors and locks you need for an array of pressure experiments.
- Pressure Sensor
- 0.6m (2ft) polyurethane plastic tubing
- Double barbed tube connector
- Male barbed Luer lock connector (2)
- Female barbed Luer lock connector
- 60cc syringe
- USB Cable (for recharging and optional direct connection)
|Max sample rate||
|Max wireless range||