Connects directly to your devices via Bluetooth® and covers a wide range of applications.
This is the most versatile and most cost effective light sensor we’ve ever produced with a variety of measurements for the science classroom that is unmatched.
The Wireless Light Sensor features two separate apertures – one for ambient measurements and one for directional light measurements.
The ambient sensor measures illuminance, UVA, UVB and UV Index. The spot aperture measures light level and has color detection with channels for the relative intensity of Red, Green, Blue light and theability to sum them for the level of White light.
In addition PAR and irradiance are available as calculated measurements in PASCO Capstone (version 1.8 or later) and SPARKvue (version 2.6 or later) software.
Light measurements are key to the study of solar energy, modeling planetary motion, polarization, reflectivity and the inverse square law.
- Studying solar energy
- Monitoring UV light levels and ways to limit exposure.
- Reflection, absorption and transmission of light through clear, opaque and different colored translucent mediums.
- Investigating polarization and reflectivity
- Modeling planetary motion
- Verifying the inverse square law
- No interface needed! Connects directly to your computers, Chromebooks, tablets and smartphones.
- Simplicity: just pair and go, no cables and adapters to manage
- On board memory that allows the sensor to function as an independent datalogger.
- Variable sampling rate for capturing small fast changes or experiments that run for hours, days, or weeks.
- Features convenient Bluetooth wireless connectivity and long-lasting coin cell battery