The Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensor simultaneously measure the absorbance and transmittance of six different wavelengths. Each wavelength represents a region of the ROYGBIV colour wheel and can be displayed graphically using PASCO software.
The colourimeter can be used to study concentrations of solutions, the rates of chemical reactions and more. The Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensor are also resistant to splashes and spills, ensuring years of use in labs. It was also designed to draw minimal amounts of power which give it long battery life and reduces how often it needs to be recharged. Calibration is also fast and easy, eliminating wasted time during the lab activity.
Additionally, this sensor functions as a high-quality turbidimeter for water quality analysis. Rather than simply measure transmitted light, the Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensor use the industry standard method of using light scattered by a sample at 90 degrees resulting in more accurate and repeatable measurements. The internal housing where the cuvette is placed is also opaque to limit ambient light and assure data accuracy.
With the wireless, rugged design, this instrument is ideal for use in the field as well as in the lab.
- Study absorbance vs concentration
- Determine the concentration of an unknown solution (Beer’s Law experiments)
- Measure reaction rates
- Compare the turbidity of water samples from various field locations
- Measure the rate of settling of a sample
- Measure the formation of a precipitate
- The stabilized light source for consistent readings
- Able to measure six different wavelengths simultaneously
- “Smart colours” in PASCO software display the absorbance & transmittance at each wavelength in a very visual way.
- Quick and easy calibration
- A colourimeter and turbidimeter together for one low price.
SPARKvue is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and Chromebooks. Pasco SPARKvue software is free to download, install and use on mobile devices:
- SPARKvue for iPhone / iPad
- SPARKvue for Android devices
- SPARKvue for Chromebook.
A licence is required to work on a computer running MS Windows or MacOS. The licence for SPARKvue and Capstone software is purchased one for all computers of the educational institution. It is perpetual and all subsequent updates are free. Full-featured 60-day trial versions are available for review.
Custom Gratnells Tray for Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensors (PS-3587). The precision cut inserts are designed to accommodate up to 10 Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensors.